Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 1997 17:20:07 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        peter@grendel.IAEhv.nl, spaz@u.washington.edu, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MSWord docs...

> > 3. The docs suppose that you use the OLE 2.0 API to read the word
> >    files. We don't have docs on that, but a lot can be learnt from
> >    the documentation of the German guy. Moreover, it wouldn't be
> >    a bad idea to be able to read Access and Excel files as well,
> >    if there were an OLE 2.0 API in FreeBSD.
>
> This is the "OLESS" stuff, right?  Do you have a URL for this doc?

I don't know about OLESS but a similar thing called LAOLA, consisting
in PERL files which parse OLE files, is at

    http://wwwwbs.cs.tu-berlin.de/~schwartz/pmh/

although it can extract pieces from the "OLE" filesystem structure, it
does not seem to have detailed info on the internal format of each file
type.

	Luigi