Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 1997 13:31:46 -0500
From:      dkelly@HiWAAY.net
To:        Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ncr53c875j under FreeBSD-2.2.2

Stefan Esser said:

> My guess is, that there is an IRQ conflict between PCI and ISA. Could
> verify, that none of the IRQs printed for the PCI cards is configured
> for one of your ISA cards, too. I do not know anything about your PCI
> BIOS (whether it dynamically assigns interrupts to PCI slots, for
> example), but assume some kind of configuration problem exists.

Is it OK for PCI cards to share the same IRQ? I was thinking my Asus
SC875 and IBM DCHS-39100 were not performing up to par and found it on
IRQ 9, also the 2940 and Mach32 were all on IRQ 9. Now the performance
is up to expectations after I discovered write buffering was not
enabled on the DCHS.
--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net