Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 01:55:04 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        obrien@NUXI.com
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FYI: gcc 2.8.1 patches for per thread exception stacks

> > I thought they were in FreeBSD's port for 2.8.1.  They basically
> > add support for per thread exception stacks using dynamic handlers:
>
> As the maintainer, I can say "NOPE".  :)
> [but soon will be]

Actually, you should look at /usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_init.c
at the same time.

There is a:

	#ifdef GCC_2_8_MADE_THREAD_AWARE

that needs to be changed to something like:

	#if ((__GNUC__ == 2) && (__GNUC_MINOR__ >= 8)) || (__GNUC__ > 2)

in two places, to make this work for thread + exceptions...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.