Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 1997 16:33:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Nick Popoff <saruman@interlog.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   BootManager Question

I'm trying to use the BootManager but I don't think I'm configuring it
correctly.  I've successfully installed FreeBSD 2.2.2 onto the D drive of
my computer.  Win95 is on the C drive.

During the installation, first it asks what drive I'm installing on.  I
select wd2 (D), and then tell it to use the whole drive.  Next it asks if
I want to use the BootManager, and I say yes.  It again asks what drive to
use, and I can't figure out which drive to select.

If I select wd0 (C), thinking I'm telling it to put the BootManager on my
primary drive, the next screen tries to partition my C drive.  Eep.

If I select wd2 (D), assuming that FreeBSD knew where the BootManager goes
and is just asking again where to install, everything goes fine.  However,
when I restart, it just boots into Win95 as usual and I have to manually
boot FreeBSD using the install disk.

Clues much appreciated. :)

-Nick