Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:51:39 +0000
From:      amobbs@allstor-sw.co.uk
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Diskless booting

The handbook, and kernel source, suggest that only a small set of network
cards are supported for diskless booting.

However, I wish to have FreeBSD boxes network boot using a 100Mb ethernet
card, preferably using the Intel EtherExpress Pro. Has anybody done this?
If so, could they please offer some instructions.

I've found
Netboot <http://www.han.de/~gero/netboot/index.html>;
and
Etherboot <http://www.slug.org.au/etherboot/>;

but both these only claim to support Linux. It looks to me that they might
be useable with FreeBSD, has anybody tried?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrew.