Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:37:50 +0200
From:      Beni <beni@brinckman.info>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Alistair Sutton <alistair.sutton@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: portupgrading tcl ?

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 21:21, Alistair Sutton wrote:
> On 11/07/06, Beni <beni@brinckman.info> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > When trying to "portupgrade -rR tcl" all I get is what looks like an
> > endless list of messages like this :
>
> [snip]
>
> I'd probably start by getting rid of the "-rR" from  your portupgrade
> command as (unless I'm misreading the man page) that will try to
> upgrade all the ports that tcl depends on, plus all the ports that
> depend on it.
>
> Just running "portupgrade tcl" should be all you need to do. Whether
> or not it will fix the problem you're describing I'm not sure but give
> it a try.

I'm running a "portupgrade tcl" right now (without the -rR options) but I get
the same output back :

[...]
==== fCmd-20.1 TraverseUnixTree : failure opening a subdirectory directory
FAILED
==== Contents of test case:

    catch {file delete -force -- tfa}
    file mkdir tfa
    file mkdir tfa/a
    file attributes tfa/a -permissions 0000
    set result [catch {file delete -force tfa}]
    file attributes tfa/a -permissions 0777
    file delete -force tfa
    set result

---- Test generated error; Return code was: 1
---- Return code should have been one of: 0 2
---- errorInfo: could not set permissions for file "tfa/a": no such file or
directory
    while executing
"file attributes tfa/a -permissions 0777"
    ("uplevel" body line 7)
    invoked from within
"uplevel 1 $script"
---- errorCode: POSIX ENOENT {no such file or directory}
==== fCmd-20.1 FAILED

fileName.test
fileSystem.test
for-old.test
for.test
foreach.test
format.test
get.test
history.test
http.test

==== http-3.3 http::geturl FAILED
[...]

So removing the recursive/upward-recursive options doesn't seem to be doing
any good. Btw, until now I've always upgraded my ports with the -rR options
without any problems.

Beni.