Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2005 02:46:08 -0800
From:      "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
To:        Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
Cc:        Chris Hodgins <chodgins@cis.strath.ac.uk>
Subject:   Re: How would you install all Gnome ports?

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 05:32:34PM -0600, Chris wrote:
> Chris Hodgins wrote:
> >Chris wrote:

> >>Perfect - this is exactly what I wanted. I'm a KDE munkie myself, but
> >>I wanted to dabble w/Gnome.
> >>
> >>Thank you Chris H.
> >>

> >I would also highly recommend Xfce4.2. :)
> >
> >Chris
> >

> I would - but I'm not into intense modification to my wm. A few teaks
> here and there ore fine, but if I need to "learn" to setup a decent wm,
> then it sorta defeats the purpose.

I don't think it neccessarily defeats the purpose, the default settings
usually work just fine in my experience.  But I've found that some other
windows manager like fvwm2 offer much more flexibility in setting them
up than anything kde or gnome's metacity offer.  And best of all, once
you have it tweaked perfectly, then all I you have to do is copy a text
file around.  For fvwm2, thats .fvwm2rc.  Every system I use KDE on I
have to spend quite a while customizing it to fit me.  And even then I
always miss certain shortcuts that I use a lot.  Now if I had to start
from scratch writing my .fvwm2rc, then I probably never would have, but
luckily a good default one is provided.