Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 18:55:20 -0600
From:      george <vagner@ti.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   some questions

Since installing freebsd 2.2.2-release I have had some questions to ask.

1.  I keep getting a message when i run netscape that says someone else
may be using netscape and that i cannot use the
     cache because if a ?filelock or something like that, but it says i
can continue to run it. If i try and mail a message
      i get a message of out of memory try quitting some applications...
how do i fix this filelock thing?

2.  I have set up user ppp so the system will receive faxes and remote
logins via the modem but it cannot dial on demand
     it looks like it tries cause i see the fax led go out and some
data  being sent to the modem but after about 2 min. i see
     some more data initialize the modem back into fax mode.

3.  someone said that ELM has a bug when trying to use it through a
remote login via modem. is this true.? i get core dumped.

4.  if i use the command man whatever and dont want to read the rest of
the man page i hit control C to stop scrolling
     then my characters are not echoed back to me through the modem and
i get no new line unless i type "reset"

5.  I have an epson color2 printer attached to a win nt machine that is
connected to my network via ethernet but dont know
     how about setting it up so i can print to it from bsd. Someone
suggested using samba but I dont know how to use it
     all i get is a prompt and some error messages for everything i type
at that prompt.

6.  I want to be able to access my bsd box from the win nt machine but
it cannot find any shared drives when i type in the
     \\hostname\

Some of these questions may seem stupid to you experts out there but
really got me bugged.
if any of you can help me figure out any of these questions i would
appreciate it. I am real new to freebsd
about 1 month! I need step by step instructions and not just an answer
like you need to use this or install a library
cause i dont know what a library is? other than a place for
books...although i can do things like copy files edit  and make
directories etc. I have done a few "make all install" with limited
success.

Thanks.

kf7nn@airmail.net or vagner@ti.com