Date:      Wed, 04 Mar 1998 12:34:05 GMT
From:      jak@cetlink.net (John Kelly)
To:        Steve Logue <slogue@acm.org>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Donations.

On Wed, 04 Mar 1998 06:17:37 +0000, Steve Logue <slogue@acm.org>
wrote:

>John Kelly wrote:
>
>> I'll donate $250 or more, but only for a vote on what work gets
>> funded.
>
>Simple - straight, and perfectly worded.  May we now debate the dollar
>amount?

Some have reacted with horror to this idea but it seems pragmatic to
me.

How about one vote for every $250 donated?  A donor of $750 would have
three votes.  Design a ballot with suggested projects, and vote on
your favorite 10 in order of preference.  The top vote getters become
funded.

Obviously, the more you donate the more you can influence the vote,
but that's as it should be.  It's not a political democracy.

--
Browser war over, Mozilla now free.