Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 07:08:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ralph Huntington <rjh@mohawk.net>
To:        Anil Jangity <aj@entic.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't remove uid "nobody" files...

Files owned by user 'nobody' are usually created by the web server (http
daemon running as 'nobody') in a world-writable directory that is
generally owned by the user who owns the script that causes the files to
be written. It's actually rather common, if not good practice (cgi
'wrappers' are a better way, IMO).

If the directory is no longer world-writable, you'll need to be root to
remove them (or the user who owns the directory in which the files
reside).

	-=r=-