Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 1997 20:12:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To:        Victor Manuel Carranza Gonzalez <victor@usac.edu.gt>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache and SPML problem...

Please don't send to both isp and questions.  If it is appropriate for any
other list, it nearly always it not appropriate for questions.

Newsgroup comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix.

> I liked very much the performance of Apache webserver on my FreeBSD box.
> Our main server is a DEC Alpha with OSF/1, so I downloaded Apache sources
> from www.apache.org and compiled on the Alpha. Everything seems to be
> working ok, except that I am not able to use server-parsed html :(  I have
> configured it this way:
>
> in srm.conf:
>
> AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
> AddType text/html .shtml
>
> Also, the "mod_include.o" module was compiled in.
>
> Now, I have a document (called test.shtml) with just two lines:

Is there anything in the error log?

Do you have "Options Includes" enabled for that directory?  If you don't
have that (or something similar like IncludesNOEXEC) Apache won't handle
SSIs.

You can accomplish what you are doing above in two lines with one line:

	AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .shtml