Date:      Wed, 2 Sep 1998 11:14:20 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
To:        Jack Freelander <jack@cs.cs.miami.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SQL package

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Jack Freelander wrote:

Hi,

I'm using a commercial product, Yard
they really stick to the standards. (the transactions are supported)

you can reach them at support@yard.de
their web site: www.yard.de (actually not working)

demonstration version (limited to 5Mo)

you ask for an evaluation license key for 10% of the normal price
deduced from the final bill if you buy the complete license

for me it worked fine for a year on the same host.

I recently had a problem with the network version (extra utility)
this problem is about to be solved

(I'm running a patched version which is totally ok. they only
have to build a new package)

Recently one of my programs (perl script) did about 26000 sql request
in less than 2m20 (on badly designed databases)

my programs were running on a Pentium II 333 with 96Mb of memory
and a 7200rpm hard disk.

> which of the database packages would you recommend?  I'm looking for
> something as close as possible to the official SQL standard, but I don't
> want to sacrifice performance or stability if I don't have to.
>
> Is there one best overall package?
>
> thanks so much!
>
> -jack

Didier Derny