Date:      Thu, 1 Sep 2011 18:09:07 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com>
To:        Piotr Kubaj <freebsd.current.list@googlemail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel panic at boot after an upgrade from 9.0-BETA1 to 9.0-BETA2

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Piotr Kubaj
<freebsd.current.list@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've upgraded today to beta 2 (with the newest sources atm). The procedur=
e was as described in the handbook: make buildworld -j3; make buildkernel -=
j3 KERNCONF=3DMYKERNEL; make installkernel KERNCONF=3DMYKERNEL (the kernel =
I used was the same as for beta 1, for which it worked flawlessly); reboot =
and mergemaster -p, make installworld and mergemaster (all three from the s=
ingle-user mode). The previous system was built on August 19. My architectu=
re is amd64. Here's a photo of the error: http://imageshack.us/f/849/201109=
02001.jpg/

    Unfortunately that's lacking a few details. Some more helpful bits woul=
d be:

    1. A kernel backtrace (kgdb the kernel core, then run bt).
    2. KERNCONF file.
    3. What was the previous version of FreeBSD you had installed?
    4. What eventtimer are you using (that looks interesting if only
based on who was running when everything went south)?
    etc.
Thanks,
-Garrett