Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 1996 23:25:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD-current users <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: remote make install

On Sat, 29 Jun 1996, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Chuck Robey wrote:
>
> > > SYSEXITS(3)               FreeBSD Programmer's Manual              SYSEXITS(3)
>
> > Very good info.  I looked at make's man page, but couldn't see any
> > reference to error returns.  Is there any possiblity of changing the man
> > page to include a reference to sysexits(3) ?
>
> This manpage is relatively new still.  Perhaps all utilites that
> adhere to sysexits(3) should xref it in their man pages, and the man
> page of make should make it clear that it's the exit status of the
> command.

Well, at least the first step in that direction would be adding something
to the install man page, because what it says now about errors is nearly
nothing.  I don't have commit privs, but I'd be willing to send diffs to
anyone who wanted to commit changes to install (the change would be small).

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |