Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:55:33 -0500
From:      "Hearn, Trevor" <trevor.hearn@Vanderbilt.Edu>
To:        "freebsd-fs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Questions about GPT and it's replacement...

Heya Everyone,=20
I have a FreeBSD 6.4 system with a Promise array attached to it via a Qlogi=
Fibre Channel card. I have been unable to get 7.2 to get past the FW:Get
mailbox error, so I installed FREEBSD 8.0 on it, and have been playing
around. I am used to GPT, and have set up all of the partitions in the past
using it. I see that someone did GPTE, but I can't seem to get it to see th=
devices and partitions in the same way that it did before. Since GPTE seems
experimental, and self-proclaimed as 'hackerish' what should I use to cut u=
a 25.5tb array? GPART? I am at a loss at the moment. I thought that GPTE wa=
doing what I needed, but when I try and mount the partitions, I get no
success. What am I missing?

-Trevor