Date:      Sun, 28 Nov 1999 01:02:19 +0100 (CET)
From:      Bert Driehuis <bert_driehuis@nl.compuware.com>
To:        Mark Knight <markk@knigma.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Panic caused by mbuf exhaustion in i4b with AVM PCI

Hi Mark,

> The buffer overruns in my earlier logs appear to be a function of the
> logging being enabled and my ageing Pentium 90 struggling to keep up.

Hmmm, my firewall at home runs an ancient version of BISDN on a 386/20
with 8MB of RAM (the slowest that BSD/OS will even boot on). It has no
problem whatsoever keeping up with logging (it is, after all, just 16KBps
max that it has to process). Just for kicks, I ran Squid on the thing as
well for a while to see if it would survive. It did, but it thrashed a bit
:-)

Granted, my Pentium 450 that I use for ISDN4BSD runs nicer, but I doubt
that a Pentium 90 should not be able to keep up if you're not doing
compilations or something else that's big at the same time. So I'd be
inclined to assume there's a problem in the code if you can't keep up with
logging.

Cheers,

				-- Bert
--
Bert Driehuis, MIS -- bert_driehuis@nl.compuware.com -- +31-20-3116119
Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me to your .signature and help me spread!