Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 21:02:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Webster <andrew@fortress.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Mikael Hugo <mikael@hugo.pp.se>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: News on FreeBSD

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I don't suppose some of you ISP folks would consider taking a walk on
> the wild side with SGML and begin writing up a little "ISP's Guide to
> FreeBSD", much as Paul Vixie has done for BSDI?  The principle author
> could even be forgiven for putting in a little paragraph of
> advertising at the end ("This guide brought to you courtesy of
> Internotworks, providers of fine internet services to the greater
> Moosebreath, Wisconsin region and general all-around network gurus.")

Jordan,

I think that this is a fantastic idea, lord knows I've done some hacking
to FreeBSD to make it do things that I needed it to do.  I've got 4
machines with 2.0, 2.1.5, 2.1.6 and 2.1.6 deployed with more on the way,
and they work amazingly well  (yes I've got to upgrade the 2.0 box, it is
starting to show the signs of time).

My point is that of TIME, perhaps if someone would be interested in
acting as coordinator to all the sources of input, we could get the
'ISP's guide to FreeBSD' or should it be the 'FreeBSD guide for ISPs' off
the ground!

The news server chapter ought to make people wet their pants...

Andrew Webster                              andrew@pubnix.net
PubNIX Montreal    Connected to the world   Branche au monde
P.O. Box 147       Cote Saint Luc, Quebec   H4V 2Y3
tel 514.990.5911   http://www.pubnix.net    fax 514.990.9443