Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 1995 23:15:00 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new Linux for ISP...

There is a lot of talk on the inet-access list about people using
Linux as an ISP platform.  There are also endless mild flame wars
between *bsd and Linux and BSDi vs {Free,Net}BSD.  Usually people say
Linux tends to get flakey when it gets 100's or routes (or was that
1000's) but FreeBSD is sold when that happens.  However, it could be
the same person over and over, I haven't paid enough attention to be
sure.

Also, there are a "fair" number of tia users that run under Linux, and
the TIA platform is typically the ISP platform.

Warner

P.S.  (Pardon the plug, but I *always* get questions on TIA when I
mention it here: TIA is the internet adapter, it turns shell into IP
accounts mostly.  More details at http://marketplace.com/)