Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 13:57:40 +0100
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steveo@eircom.net>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: patch for test: /etc/shells -> /usr/local/etc/shells

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:27:13 -0800 (PST)
John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
JB> How many contrib'd apps need to look at /etc/shells?  The biggest one I think
JB> is sendmail, and Greg Shapiro is a very reasonable fellow, and can probably
JB> assist in getting sendmail at least to use the API as long as it isn't too
JB> inconvenient.

	Life is better than I thought the crypto stuff just has it as a fallback
conditional on HAVE_GETUSERSHELL so that uses the one from libc. Which leaves
only sendmail which is similar but for some reason does not have HASGETUSERSHELL
set for FreeBSD (I think - the conf is convoluted).

	Meanwhile I am building with a getusershell(3) that knows how to follow
a #include (it was already looking for # which pushed the bikeshed marginally
that way).