Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:28:17 +0200
From:      Eirik Oeverby <ltning@anduin.net>
To:        Soeren Schmidt <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TESTERS WANTED for ATAng preview 1

--Q34X(jl(uW=.QTF2

Hi,

I've just compiled ATAng into my kernel, and I'm currently running it -
but I had to rip out my CD-ROM to make it work. I wasn't able to grab
the exact wording of the error, but it was something along the lines of
a failure to identify ata1-slave - which I suppose is my CD-ROM player.
It then retries and gets an error (error=0), then freezes.

This is a IBM ThinkPad T21, so taking out the CD-ROM is a trivial task,
but at some point I'm gonna need it again (it's actually a DVD/CD-RW
combodrive)...

Otherwise the driver seems to work with the 60gb IBM drive I have in my
laptop. No funny behaviour so far. ;)

Best regards,
/Eirik

--Q34X(jl(uW=.QTF2