Date:      Mon, 6 May 2002 17:58:20 -0400
From:      Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: reorganizing contributing article

On Mon, 6 May 2002 08:28:58 -0400
Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> It seems that we have three sorts of contributors:

Non-coder volunteers i'm guessing would be along the lines of
website maintainers, doc writers, and other things correct?  As
in people who contribute minor (if any) code to src/  I'll be
the first to admit the only commit I did to src was fdisk stuff
and had it reviewed by a few people who knew more than I.

As for ``stuff'' I guess these would be the people who point out
our bugs here and there offering only a suggestion without a patch?

In essence, I feel this is a good change to people who do help
with FreeBSD in areas not applicable to code, so they can feel more
``needed'' or whatever.  I'm sure that people exist out there who
feel as if not knowing code is a downfall and attempts at helping
the project are futile.  With the amount of work that is lying around
we could certainly use the help.

On another, more important note, I think we need a webpage which
has a translater list on it for docs.  Mainly for these once in awhile
users who wish to help in translation efforts get pointed in the correct
direction.  Not all of our translators really watch this list, and it
would be easier to reply with something like ``Yes, I know <someone> is
working on a translation for <language here> and you can get ahold of
them <here> please see <this page>.''  It will definatly organize
things a bit!

> a) coder volunteers
> b) non-coder volunteers
> c) stuff
>
> While the last is split out, I would like to explicitly split out the
> first two.
>
> Comments?

Great idea!

--