Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 1996 12:55:18 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        Takafumi Masuno <franky@pisces.bekkoame.or.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA supports & TP530cs

> I have quetions.
>
> 1. Which are PCMCIA Cards( SCSI and Ether card ) supported by FreeBSD 2.1R .
>    ( If this is FAQ, please show me this FAQ file name and locations. )

It's in the README that comes with the installation.  Try
http://www.FreeBSD.org

> 2. Does FreeBSD2.1R run on the ThinkPad 530cs without any problems?

I've never heard of that model, but it does run on all of the 7XX and
36X modles.

>    And Does Mwave(DSP) device recognize as V34 modem ?

Nope.  IBM programs that DSP on the newer ThinkPads to be a modem, it's
not a modem by default and I doubt anyone would want to write a driver
to make it be a modem when you can buy PCMCIA modems pretty cheaply.

Nate