Date:      Thu, 6 Nov 1997 20:11:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: procmail problems

> Are there known problem in procmail, and is there any simple
> alternative for achieving our main goal (putting mailboxes into users'
> directories instead of /var/mail) ?

Well, you can hack the sendmail.cf to do it.

At WSU, we used amd symlinks to do it.  It was far more general, since
we used the same thing for user's HTML and CGI to support their own home
pages, and also to make "/home" look the same on all machines, but
move accounts between partitions as space dictated, without having to change
the NIS maps inside the secure zone from /home/username.  Very useful.

Be careful if you NFS cross-mount some home directories to distribute
users among systems (we did that, too, but we made xdm log them into
whatever their home machine was by default, so we didn't have NFS access
problems with the mail).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---