Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:32:47 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FWIW....top o' tree worked for me on a buildworld

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 11:46:15PM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> I made it through buildworld using a top 'o tree kernel- all w/o crashing.
>
> Now- if we could only get the loader fixed.....

Hmm. I have an AS2100 at work building world for me. The last couple of
days the dreaded Alcor lockup kept me from booting a -current kernel
on AS1000A (which has a lot quicker CPU). It is now using a 4.1-R kernel
(don't tell me this isn't a brilliant idea. I know.
But I lost all my working -current kernels. AS2100 is panicing on a -current
kernel (pagefault during T2 probe IIRC).

Alpha is not a lot of fun these days :-(

--
Wilko Bulte  	 					wilko@freebsd.org
							Arnhem, the Netherlands