Date:      Wed, 02 Jun 1999 03:16:26 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
Cc:        Tenacious <tMind@bigfoot.com>, "Scott I. Remick" <scott@computeralt.com>, Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw vs. MS Proxy

Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> > Don't forget the cost of NT Server.
>
> 2000$ == NT server. no?

Who knows. But there is also the matter of client licenses. Althought,
truth to tell, I've never completely grocked that. They lost me when
they went from 3.1/1.0's unlimited for NT/WS to very limited in 3.5
and still more limited in 4.0. Who can keep up? Every simultaneous
connection needs a valid client licence. That includes the optional
FTP and HTTP connections and technically even the SMTP connections.

> It'd be cool if you could customize the colors ala the Imac. :)

You mean, like, the *mauve* screen of death? Yikes <g>.

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.