Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2005 01:10:02 +0100
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: firefox 1.0.1 profiles

El Lunes, 28 de Febrero de 2005 00:39, Joe Marcus Clarke escribi=F3:
> On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 22:02 +0000, Jeremy Prior wrote:
> > Just upgraded to firefox-1.0.1 without a hitch, until I tried to
> > set the profile from the command line - this invokes the profile
> > manager regardless of which profile is selected.
> >
> > The firefox shell wrapper in /usr/X11R6/bin now parses
> > flags/arguments itself whereas before it just passed them through
> > to firefox-bin. However, it doesn't know about the -ProfileManager
> > and -P options, and assumes that any unknown flag doesn't take an
> > argument.  This is fine for -ProfileManager, but obviously doesn't
> > work for -P.
> >
> > Ie:
> >
> >         % firefox -P default
> >         /usr/X11R6/bin/firefox: WARN, target:
> > /home/jez/.mozilla/firefox/default not an URI/file/dir
> >
> > The patch to fix this is trivial (but attached :-)
>
> Please submit a diff against the port.  Thanks.
>
> Joe

Add processing for -P may be easy for direct invocation,  But I must=20
rethink if this is workable for remote protocol.

Also, what is seen is more or less a warning about use of remote=20
protocol, but this may still work on direct invocation.

=2D-
  josemi