Date:      Wed, 08 Dec 1999 22:49:20 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: wd driver will be retired!

In message <199912081856.KAA06231@mass.cdrom.com> Mike Smith writes:
: This is a good time for this particular cutover.  A little more public
: announcement would perhaps have been nice, but that's probably asking
: more of our axe-wielding friends than we're ever going to get.

I'd agree more with this if the ata driver had been default for
longer, but it has been default for a very short period of time.  If
ata had been made default in, say, October or early November, I'd not
stand in the way of the hobnail tennisshoe of progress.  But only
being the default for a few days is rushing things a big.

Warner