Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 1996 23:25:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      "w. a. gerrard" <wgerrard@mnsinc.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ver. 2.0.5 install

  Getting nowhere trying to install version 2.0.5 off the Walnut Creek CD.
  The machine is a Pentium-133, 32-meg, Adaptec AHA-2940 v.1.21.  I'm
currently running WinNT Workstation
3.51 with no apparent problems.
  Two problems appear during an install attempt:
      1.  If I launch "install.bat" (located on the CD) in an NT DOS box, it
immediately dies with a
          "not enough memory" message.
      2.  Trying to run the install from a floppy after copying the boot
image using the CD's "makeflp.bat",
the machine reboots over and over without displaying a "boot:" prompt. The
reboot happens just after
the Adaptec displays its "bios successfully loaded" message.
   Any advice is more than welcome.  Thanks.

   wgerrard@mnsinc.com