Date:      Tue, 2 Dec 2003 22:35:10 -0000
From:      "Duncan Barclay" <dmlb@dmlb.org>
To:        "Soren Schmidt" <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sata on -stable

From: "Soren Schmidt" <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>

>> I can hack the device recognition code to pick up the 8237 and set
UDMA133
>> mode on the PATA drive I have in the machine, but I cannot seem to find
my
>> two SATA drives. Any suggestions on how to at least find the drives - I
>> don't need the h/w RAID as I was going to use Vinum anyway.
>
> The SATA part of the VIA needs a bit more work, you can how its done in
> current, not too bad just a few lines of code..

I've now got the SATA part recognised and find one of the two SATA drives
and I'm able to acess the drive. Although there were lots of warnings about
UDMA mode etc - not suprising becuase all I did was add a couple of case
statements to recognise the device. It gave up on the other drive
eventually. It's rather remarkable that it is working at all!

I'll grub around in current tomorrow and see what I can do. Do you want
patches directly or via a send-pr? Or shall I commit after your review?

Thanks

Duncan

> -Søren
>                       .. but it works under windows!!