Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 17:18:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Francisco Reyes <fjrm@yahoo.com>
To:        Pat Lynch <lynch@bsdunix.net>, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
Cc:        Francisco Reyes <freyes@inch.com>, spork <spork@super-g.com>, FreeBSd Chat list <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD users in NY/NJ

--- Pat Lynch <lynch@bsdunix.net> wrote:
> Yep, thats what I was just about to say...we
> *started* one...its a little
> dead right now...and we need some people to breath
> some life into
> it...wanna help out ;)
> -Pat
> > http://www.funy.org/
> > Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no

I would love to help.

Quick questions.
-Is there a mailing list for the group?
-Was an organization/structure ever stablished?
-Was a statement of purpose ever done?
-Where is the site hosted? I could work on the site if
I am given FTP rights. It is nice to see you also have
the bsdunix.net domain... we could do something with
that in the future...
-After the initial meeting how many people have stated
they are still interested?

My suggestions for the group are in order of
relevance:
1- Create a list
2- Stablish what the goals for the group will be
3- Create an organization structure where volunteers
have clearly defined duties.

It may sound like a lot of work, but it really doesn't
have to be.

Also for the goals for the group it could be something
as simple as "promote FreeBSD in the tri-state and
help  fellow FreeBSD users in the area".

Also it is nice to actually meet people but I think
that the biggest force behind such group, at least
initially, will be the mailing list and the site. When
meetings do occur they should have a purpose and even
if it is just for 20 to 30 minutes the purpose of the
meeting shoudl be met. After taking care of business
we could all just talk about our favorite topics or
just bash MS for the rest of the night. :-)

Till soon.
Francisco
francisco@natserv.com