Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 16:14:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Agent Drek <drek@interlog.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NTFS ro mount?

|> did that ... got the drive mounted
|> /dev/wd1s1c
|>
|> but that mounts what the NT Workstation called C:/
|>
|> how can I mount another partition that the NT called D:/
|>
|> many many thanks,
|
|Hard to say.  At first guess, try /dev/wd1s1d :-)  Without knowing the
|exact configuration of your drive setup, there is no way for me to
|accurately guess where your D:\ partition exists, or whether it is
|logical or primary.  And, with NT, it is also possible to "break" the
|standard DOS drive letter naming convention, where D:\ might not really be
|the second partition on your drive anyway.

I did a
cd /dev
sh MAKEDEV wd1s1a
and got these devices
wd1s1   wd1s1a  wd1s1b  wd1s1c  wd1s1d  wd1s1e  wd1s1f  wd1s1g  wd1s1h

I've tried 'em all and only wd1s1c works.
with these results:
mount_ntfs: /dev/wd1s1h: Invalid argument
zupa# mount_ntfs /dev/wd1s1c /usr2

is there anything else I can do? Did I make the devices correctly?

--
<why-oh-why-did-they-put-data-there?>-ly y'rs,

    Agent Drek

Big Animation Inc > 'digital plumber'
http://www.bigstudios.com