Date:      Tue, 5 Apr 2016 12:14:06 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: invalid chunk added : please help me fix it

--9K1PeliLQdo3pGmBGDdJX6JeUXiTaNJhL
From: Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

--teuVk7sKdJf6hlgbRSeAsOh7fGwBwHST6

On 05/04/2016 11:47, BBlister wrote:
> I tried to upgrade my ports using portmaster, and I receive multiple
> messages of:
>=20
> pkg-static: Invalid configuration file: invalid chunk added
>=20

This indicates an error generated by the UCL parser while pkg is reading
its own configuration file, or possibly one of the repo configs in
/usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/*.conf.  Chances are this is a simple typo
somewhere.

It would be helpful here if pkg(8) showed the file name and line number
where the problem was found, but it doesn't.

> The messages of this type are hundreds, as you may see in this picture:=

>=20
> http://snag.gy/Q322m.jpg

Yeah -- that's portmaster calling pkg(8) over and over again.  You'll
likely get that message every time pkg(8) is invoked.

> The ports seem to be upgraded OK, but I do not like this output stream =
of
> warning messages.
>=20
> I searched the google but no relevant links were discovered....because =
I do
> not think that I am the first person who has this message, can you guid=
e me
> towards the solution?

Please show us your /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf, any repo.conf files you may
have and the output of 'pkg -vv'

	Cheers,

	Matthew