Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:04:47 +0200
From:      Konstantin Saurbier <saurbier@math.uni-bielefeld.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Rutger Bevaart <rutger.bevaart@illian-networks.nl>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.0 panics - sbdrop

--Sig_Xo9O+JJC=9BffIEy.MauZvN

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:12:41 +0200
Rutger Bevaart <rutger.bevaart@illian-networks.nl> wrote:

> Maybe your reboots are related to a problem I had with several Dell =20
> 1750's and 2850's.
>=20
> I added:
> > [rutger@darwin rutger]$ cat /boot/loader.conf
> > debug.mpsafenet=3D0
>=20
> to some of the affected systems and they have not crashed yet in =20
> about 8 days. Your dump seems to indicate a failure somewhere in =20
> netinet code, maybe it's locking related as well...

(...)

Thanks, I added debug.mpsafenet=3D0 to my loader.conf and hopefully that
helps.
Maybe the system will at least get a longer uptime between crashes. Of
course I dislike kernel panics at all, but once a crash between a few
weeks or months is far better than the current situation.
--=20

Best regards,

Konstantin Saurbier

Konstantin Saurbier                Tel.: 0521 106 3861
Computerlabor Mathematik                        U5-138
Universitaet Bielefeld             Universitaetsstr.25
33501 Bielefeld
email:                  saurbier@math.uni-bielefeld.de

--Sig_Xo9O+JJC=9BffIEy.MauZvN

--Sig_Xo9O+JJC=9BffIEy.MauZvN--