Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 19:29:04 +0100
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP not deleting ip's

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 16:17 -0800, Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson wrote:

> I have a FreeBSD box running 4.1-R running as a Gateway machine
> for a small LAN. It is using ijppp for the connection and all
> is working well.. I got to looking at it and noticed that
> everytime it disconnects it does not delete the IP address it
> was assigned to before. So when it connects the next time and
> gets a different IP it just adds it to tun0.

Look at "man 8 ppp" and search for "iface clear".  I have
- "iface clear" plus some "!bg echo '...' > /dev/speaker" in
  ppp.linkup and
- "set ifaddr 'as in ppp.conf'" and "iface clear" plus some noise
  in ppp.linkdown

This will keep the one and only currently active IP on the
interface and flush the obsolete ones.

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net