Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:59:09 +0200
From:      "Raphael Maseko" <ralph@zamnet.zm>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD4.10 + WCCP + Squid + gre

Hi all,
I had posed this situation on the squid list but have not received any
response as it seems most of the users are using Linux. I hope I can get
some help with this audience.

I have installed FreeBSD 10.4 with IPFIREWALL and "pseudo-device gre "
enabled in the recompiled kernel. Since the documentation says that the
current version has =93gre=94 that works with squid without additional =
patches,
I then proceeded with installation of squid 2.5 Stable 7 and edited the
squid.conf according to the FAQs.

I used the following for gre:

ifconfig gre0 create
ifconfig gre0 My_SQUID_IP MY_ROUTER_IP 255.255.255.255 up ifconfig gre0
tunnel My_SQUID_IP MY_ROUTER_IP route delete MY_ROUTER_IP

and the following for IPFW:

ipfw add 49 allow tcp from My_SQUID_IP to any=20
ipfw add 50 fwd 127.0.0.1,3128 tcp from any to any 80 via gre0 in

What I see happening when I do a tcpdump is that the router is =
forwarding
=93gre=94 packets but are not being redirected by my 50 ipfw rule. Debug =
on the
router also confirms that the router sees the cache and sets it as =
"usable"

It looks like the last version of FreeBSD that I was able to =
successfully
configure Squid with WCCP was 4.6.2. I have tried to follow the postings =
on
the subject, but with no success.
Has anyone succeeded in implementing this? Please help!

Ralph
=20

--=20