Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:16:18 -0300 (GRNLNDST)
From:      Marcio d'Avila Scheibler <marcio@cpd.ufsm.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make release

Hello,

Sorry for any trouble, but I didn't find I specific
answer in archives, FAQ, etc...

I'm trying to setup an installation server for FreeBSD machines
in our organization with RELENG_4_5 security branches.

I've followed steps from Handbook, CVSup FAQ and "FreeBSD Rel.
Engineering". At first, I loaded 4.5-RELEASE sources, ports and
docs. After that, I updated them with cvsup.
I also used anoncvs to get a CVSROOT copy under /home/ncvs,
like sample docs shows us.

Until "make buildworld", things seem to work and /usr/obj
gets filled in a good way.
The problem happens when we try "make release" step.
It complains about the CVS repository. We're using
the following:

make release CHROOTDIR=/rel/releng_4_5 BUILDNAME=4.5-RELEASE
CVSROOT=/home/ncvs RELEASETAG=RELENG_4_5

Make then starts copying the files, but stops withe the following
error:

---------
mkdir /rel/releng_4_5//bootstrap
for i in /sbin/mount /sbin/umount /usr/bin/cpio ; do  cp -p
/rel/releng_4_5$i /rel/releng_4_5//bootstrap ;  done
cd /rel/releng_4_5/usr && rm -rf src &&  cvs -R -d /home/ncvs co -P -r
RELENG_4_5 src
cvs [checkout aborted]: there is no repository /home/ncvs/src
---------

It seens src directory is being looked for under CVSROOT dir
(in this example) /home/ncvs.
Should it be CVSROOT pointed to /usr ?

Thanks in advance...