Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:40:51 +1000
From:      Fraser Tweedale <frase@frase.id.au>
To:        Andreas Hermann Braml <a.strich.b@web.de>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multimedia/ffmpeg symbol build

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 05:23:14PM +0200, Andreas Hermann Braml wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> On Tuesday 19 August 2008 05:06:42 Fraser Tweedale wrote:
> > Just wondering how to obtain a symbol build of ffmpeg from ports.
> > setting WITH_DEBUG=3Dyes still results in a stripped binary, and there
> > don't appear to be any affordances for debug builds in the Makefile.
>=20
> Are there binaries ending in _g of the ffmpeg tools (ffmpeg_g, ffplay_g e=
tc.)? If=20
> there are, those are the ones you are looking for.
>=20
>=20
> pseudoruprecht
> --=20
> "Verbal messages cause misunderstanding and delays
> (Please put them in writing)"
> Fu=DFzeile der Vordrucke f=FCr Inter-Office Communication bei Warner Bros=
=2E, um 1950

The _g binaries aren't installed by the port, and were stripped anyway,=20
even with WITH_DEBUG defined.  Anyhoo, I've submitted a change-request PR
with a Makefile patch for quick and dirty symbol build support.  Hopefully
it will be approved and in the tree soon.

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw--