Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 14:02:24 -0400
From:      Christopher Rued <c.rued@xsb.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   J2SDK1.4 working?

I have heard mixed reports about people getting the Linux JDK 1.4 to
run on FreeBSD 4.3 systems.

I was curious and downloaded it myself.  When I tried to run java, I
got an error message: expr: syntax error (or something similar).  I
have seen this before on Linux shell scripts, so I copied the java
wrapper from my linux-jdk1.3.0/bin directory and was able to run java
applications.

The problem is that I am seeing the same kind of errors (having to do
with HotSpot) that I saw with the JDK1.3.0.

Has anyone else had any different results with the JDK 1.4.0?

--
Christopher Rued