Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:10:51 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        fozekizer <fozekizer@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: samba

fozekizer wrote:

> sorry,
> been real busy of late. here's my smb.conf. someone please tell me if
> there's settings that are incorrect as far as setting samba up as a domain
> controller...i am still unable to log into samba via my win2k machine even
AFAIK samba 2.2 isn't able to act as domain controller for w2k. I'm not 100%
sure, but if I were you, I would check that in the documentation.
Samba 2.2 is able to act as DC for Win9x machines, not more...
Win2k uses a much more complicated protocol, so support could come with
samba 3...
> though i've enabled plain text passwords. as i said before, i'm still new to
> the whole idea of samba so i'm not terribly sure what's correct.
> # Samba config file created using SWAT
> # from 1.1.4.50 (1.1.4.50)
> # Date: 2002/04/10 13:13:53
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>         workgroup = CHARLIEBSD
>         netbios name = KIZERBSD
>         server string = Samba Server
>         interfaces = dc0
>         encrypt passwords = No
>         log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
>         max log size = 50
>         domain admin group = wheel
>         logon path = \\%N\homes\%U\profile
>         logon home = \\%N\homes\%U
>         domain logons = Yes
>         os level = 64
>         dns proxy = No
>         guest account =
>         hosts allow = 1.1.4.  12.239.166.99
> [ftp]
>         comment = ftp server file area
>         path = /var/spool/ftp/pub
>         read only = No
>
> [homes]
>         comment = Home Directories
>         path = /usr/home
>         read only = No
browseable = No # prevents seeing user shares in explorer ...

> [printers]
>         comment = All Printers
>         path = /var/spool/samba
>         printable = Yes
>         browseable = No
>
> [netlogon]
>         path = /var/log/samba/netlogon

So long
Jens
--
L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W