Date:      17 Apr 96 16:37:33 GMT
From:      jez@netcraft.co.uk (Jeremy Prior)
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recommendations sought for Portable

[Is it my imagination or is this mailing list awfully quiet? :-]

All,
    I have a need to buy a laptop specifically for running FreeBSD
(preferably -stable).  I'm not *too* worried about screen resolution or
cost, but it will need to be able to support lots of memory, and fast /
capacious disk(s).  It will also need a 10base2+T ethernet adapter capable
of promiscuous packet capture (no prizes for guessing what this is going to
be used for :-).

    So, does anyone have any suggestions?  I'd like Manufacturer/Model nos
rather than chipsets, as the latter is difficult to ascertain in the UK (at
least the magazines that I've looked at don't mention them).  I'll also take
negative recommendations/war stories, and summarise any messages that get
sent to me personally.

Thanks in advance,
jez
--
Jeremy Prior                                        <jez@netcraft.co.uk>
Netcraft,   Rockfield House,   Granville Road,   Bath, BA1 9BQ,  England