Date:      Wed, 02 Jun 99 11:59:25
From:      "Thomas Widlundh" <tw@ettnet.se>
To:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Moving directories

Hi,
Due to my second disk with /usr is totally filled up, I wonder if it's possible to move
some of the directories to my first disk, e.g.:
I make a directory like /newusr and move e.g. /local that's in /usr(/local) to this
new /newusr, and then make a link from /usr to /newusr.
Is this possible?
How do I make a link like this?
I've noticed that I can't link directories. To me, I had to delete one of the directories
(the empty one) and making the link made a new directory with the same name, but
now as a link only. This during a cautiously test with fake directories.
Is this the right thing to do?
I do not want to screw up my FBSD system.

Thomas