Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 10:59:57 +0200
From:      Francesco Casadei <fcasadei@inwind.it>
To:        Wild Fyre <wildfiah@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Procmail question.

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 11:34:21AM -0700, Wild Fyre wrote:
> Hello ladies and gents,
>=20
> How can i use procmail, so that 1) Mail can be
> delivered to the users home directory instead of the
> spool dir ie /var/mail.
>=20
>=20
> Thanks in advance
> Stephan Weaver
>=20
>=20
> end of the original message

=46rom procmailrc(5) manpage:

[...]
   Recipes
       A  line starting with ':' marks the beginning of a recipe.
       It has the following format:

              :0 [flags] [ : [locallockfile] ]
              <zero or more conditions (one per line)>
              <exactly one action line>
[...]
   Recipe action line
       The action line can start with the following characters:
[...]
       Anything else will be taken as a mailbox  name  (either  a
       filename  or a directory, absolute or relative to the cur-
       rent directory (see MAILDIR)).  If it is a  (possibly  yet
       nonexistent) filename, the mail will be appended to it.

       If  it  is  a  directory,  the mail will be delivered to a
       newly created, guaranteed to be unique file named $MSGPRE-
       FIX* in the specified directory.  If the mailbox name ends
       in "/.", then this directory  is  presumed  to  be  an  MH
       folder;  i.e.,  procmail will use the next number it finds
       available.  If the mailbox name ends  in  "/",  then  this
       directory  is presumed to be a maildir folder; i.e., proc-
       mail will deliver the message to a file in a  subdirectory
       named  "tmp"  and  rename  it  to be inside a subdirectory
       named "new".  If the mailbox is  specified  to  be  an  MH
       folder  or maildir folder, procmail will create the neces-
       sary directories if they don't exist,  rather  than  treat
       the  mailbox as a non-existent filename.  When procmail is
       delivering to directories, you can specify multiple direc-
       tories  to  deliver  to  (procmail  will  do  so utilising
       hardlinks).

So you'll want something like:

-* begin .procmailrc-wind *-

MAILDIR=3D$HOME/Mail/
ORGMAIL=3D$MAILDIR/wind/
DEFAULT=3D$MAILDIR/wind/

:0
* ^Sender.*freebsd-questions
freebsd-questions/

:0 E
* ^Sender.*freebsd-stable
freebsd-stable/

:0 E
* ^Sender.*freebsd-isp
freebsd-isp/

:0 E
* ^Sender.*freebsd-announce
freebsd-announce/

-* end .procmailrc-wind *-

Messages from -questions, -stable, -isp and -announce go to (respectively)
~/Mail/freebsd-questions, ~/Mail/freebsd-stable, ~/Mail/freebsd-isp and
~/Mail/freebsd-announce. All other messages go to ~/Mail/wind, which is the
default maildir.

For more information:

  man procmail
  man procmailrc
  man procmailex

Hope this helps.

	Francesco Casadei
--=20
You can download my public key from http://digilander.iol.it/fcasadei/
or retrieve it from a keyserver (pgpkeys.mit.edu, wwwkeys.pgp.net, ...)

Key fingerprint is: 1671 9A23 ACB4 520A E7EE  00B0 7EC3 375F 164E B17B

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd--