Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 00:35:34 +0200
From:      Thierry Thomas <thierry@pompo.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, portmgr@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/35051: Repocopy request: www/horde-devel -> www/horde2 & mail/imp-devel -> mail/imp3

Le  1 Apr 02 à 14:02:55 +0000, Kris Kennaway écrivait :
> On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 05:54:54AM -0800, ijliao@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> > Synopsis: Repocopy request: www/horde-devel -> www/horde2 & mail/imp-devel -> mail/imp3
> >
> > Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-ports->portmgr
> > Responsible-Changed-By: ijliao
> > Responsible-Changed-When: Mon Apr 1 05:53:37 PST 2002
> > Responsible-Changed-Why:
> > repo-copy request
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=35051
>
> I found this PR very confusing, and it's not at all clear to me why
> those ports should be repo-copied.
>
> Can you please explain more?

mail/imp 2.2.7 (which requires www/horde) was the previous stable
release.  We have to keep it for people using PHP3.

The next release (3.0) has been introduced in the ports tree as
mail/imp-devel (requiring www/horde-devel) when it was a release
candidate. PHP3 is no more supported, PHP4 required.

By now, this is the stable release, and the suffix -devel is no more
appropriate: imp3 would be more descriptive.

Truly yours,
--
Th. Thomas.
[Hoping my english is not too bad...]