Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:49:48 -0600 (CST)
From:      "A.G. Russell IV" <arussell@bifrost.agrknives.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   install problems with 3.X on AT motherboards...

I have 6 servers, 1 ASUS ATX 450mhz K6-2 motherboard with FreeBSD 3.2
                  3 ASUS AT  450/350 K6-2 and P5 100 motherboard with freebsd 2.2.5 and 2.2.8 and 2.2.8
                  2 boardrunner AT  K6 233 and 350    with freebsd 2.2.8

I have an ASUS ATX with NT installed, it will boot 2.2.8 and 3.2 cds and diskettes
All have IDE CDroms.

the FreeBSD 3.2 Server will boot 2.2.8 and 3.2 cds and diskettes
the AT systems will not boot 3.X CD's or diskettes, but will boot 2.2.8 diskettes
and CD's

they will also boot Linux win98 winnt dos and so on.

The messages

Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM:
  1.  FD 2.88MB System Type-(00)
/boot.config: -P
Keyboard: no
-
BTX loader 1.00 BTX version is 1.01

then nothing

is there any flags I can set to see what is going on?

A.G.

A.G. Russell IV  KC5KFD        High Order Software        e-mail:   ag4@hos.net
Phone 512-834-1145
          These are my views, on anyone else they would look silly.
       When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed by tomorrow...
                          United States Marine Corps