Date:      Sat, 11 Oct 1997 01:17:07 +0200
From:      "Helmut F. Wirth" <hfwirth@ping.at>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel MMX programming

J Wunsch wrote:

> As Helmut Wirth wrote:
>
> > I submitted patches for the assembler and for the debugger gdb to
> > support MMX instructions. The patches were submitted at the end of
> > March 97 but nobody was interested. They are still sitting around in the
> > GNATS database (gnu/3157, 97/03/31).
>
> We basically don't maintain the GNU stuff ourselves.  Did you submit
> the patches to the gas and gdb maintainers, too?  That stands a way
> better chance.  (We actually maintain part of the stuff, but only
> since GNU doesn't support a.out anymore.)
>
> --
> cheers, J"org
>
> joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ -- NIC: JW11-RIPE
> Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for. ;-)

Joerg,
could you give me a hint how to submit to the GNU maintainers ?
I have no idea how to do this, but it would be the best way. On the
other hand it could be useful to install my changes until the changes
to gdb ans gas take place and we incorporate them into current.
Thanks
Helmut
--
Helmut F. Wirth