Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 1996 10:08:10 PST
From:      Chris Coleman <chris@aries.bbcc.ctc.edu>
To:        Alexis Yushin <alexis@dawn.ww.net>
Cc:        dk+@ua.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (fwd) Re: UPS

Im collecting information on this subject.  I have
created a small home page on the UPS topic

it is at 'http://www.bbcc.ctc.edu/APCFAQ.html'

I have a few APC SmartUPS 600's

I hope this helps

Chris Coleman

On 18-Jan-96 Alexis Yushin wrote:
>>Once Dmitry Kohmanyuk wrote:
>>As chuck@fang.cs.sunyit.edu wrote:
>>>
>>>         I just ordered a APC Smart UP for my FreeBSD System (of course
>>> this was through typical government channel so it may take awhile). I'd
>>> be more than willing to help out on any group effort to develp something
>>> for these UPS. I had intended on developping something on my own using
>>> what J^vrg Wunsch had done but I'd much rather work with other people on
>>> it.
>>
>>Feel free to use whatever you can find under
>>
>>	ftp://ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de/pub/people/wunsch/smartups/
>>
>>It should at least be a reference for what i have found out for the
>>SmartUPSen.  Maybe our company is also going to buy an UPS some day,
>>this will be the point where i need it again. :-)
>
>	I am currently on the work on the UPS daemon. I would like
>this to be a generic one and almost succeeded. I am finished with
>configuration and asyncronous port handling, and APC specific part.
>I am working on event handling and then I'll be able to alpha test.
>
>	I have reverse engeneered a lot of APC SmartUPS commands
>but any additional info is greatly appreciated. I am thinking about
>creating a mailing list for people who would like to joing this
>project. Until then, please everybody who has anything on SmartUPS
>or willing to help. Mail me!
>
>								alexis
>
>P.S. The current sources are availble only from me directly with e-mail
>     upon request. The daemon will and is tollaly free, no charge, no
>     license.
>--
>     The more experienced you are the less people you can get advice from.

Chris Coleman      	Chris@aries.bbcc.ctc.edu
Computer Support Intern, Big Bend Community College
http://www.bbcc.ctc.edu/hypertxt/yafda.html
Lost in CyberSpace and Loving it.