Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:31:34 -0800
From:      Darren Pilgrim <dmp@pantherdragon.org>
To:        phk@phk.freebsd.dk
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New ad*s* devices not automatically appearing in devfs

phk@phk.freebsd.dk wrote:
> In message <3E5293D1.3050107@pantherdragon.org>, Darren Pilgrim writes:
>
>>phk@phk.freebsd.dk wrote:

>>>Which exact commands do you use to create them ?
>>
>>I used sysinstall, Configure->Fdisk to (in order) delete s3, create a
>>5120m s2, then Write the changes to disk.  After exiting sysinstall:
>
> But the changes do appear after you reboot ?

Yes, after rebooting a /dev/ad4s2 is present.  I can then issue
`disklabel -w ad4s2 auto` to intialize the slice with an appropriate
empty label.  I can use `disklabel -e ad4s2` or sysinstall to create the
partitions.  Sysinstall will complain about the lack of partition
devices but write the label out anyway.