Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:24:12 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
To:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I'm back.

Hello,

Well, I'm back on-line after the first part of my vacations.. :-) It was
really lovely two weeks in Tunisia...

Now for my nearest plans:

* I just received a flash disk (16MB, M-Systems, ISA card), thanks to
Goran Hasse of Raditex, SE - I'll be experimenting with it till it starts
working... :-) (i.e. I want to boot from it, and somehow access it to
store the config data). I also plan to read the docs about Linux
implementation of Flash Filesystem (romfs). Any pointers appreciated!

* I'm also pretty convinced there are enough things to be fixed, and
enough new features requested, that it's time for the new PicoBSD release
to be cut. If you have any specific requests (or better yet - some code to
be included :-), it's now the right time...

One thing that should be discussed before this is the use of DEVFS/SLICE
framework. It mightily simplifies the layout, saves some considerable
space on the MFS, let's you avoid problems with device nodes you
forgot to create, etc... The only problem is that I'm afraid it's not
integrated fully with 2.2.x line... Dinesh? Julian?

* When we're through with PicoBSD 0.3x (x>1), I'd like to try to prepare a
starter's toolkit for mini-FreeBSD (something like an NC, X-terminal and
Java-capable browser, all installed on a file)...

Andrzej Bialecki