Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 1997 12:13:51 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Antonio Nati <A.Nati@cisco.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   popper hangs when Internet is not reachable

I'm using qpopper with FreeBSD 2.1.5, with a permanent connection to Internet.

When, because of telephone problems, Internet is not reachable, if I send
mails over Internet using Eudora and qpopper, popper hangs. Probably it's
sendmail that hangs waiting for the connection to the remote system.

I would like to send all the mail to the popper box, without caring if
Internet is up or down at the moment (the box should try later).

Should I recompile qpopper adding some switches (send in background) to the
sendmail exec or is there some other simpler way to do it?

Tonino