Date:      Sun, 4 Mar 2007 11:24:24 +0100
From:      "Guill. Moreno-Socias" <lists.gms@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with locale

   Hello.
   I would like to know how to reset everything around the locale in the
system.
   Background:  I had FreeBSD 5.4, everything was working fine.  Then I
upgraded to FreeBSD 6.2 and the locale became corrupt.  I have since
downgraded to FreeBSD 5.5 (because of a horrible problem of "em0: watchdog
timeout -- resetting"), and the locale is still corrupt.
   Examples:  any "man" command gives

ctype locale: Invalid argument

and "perl -e ''" gives

        LC_ALL =3D (unset),
        LC_CTYPE =3D "fr_FR.ISO8859-1",
        LANG =3D (unset)

(please note that this is NOT a perl question;  the preceding example is
only to show the problem).

   Thanks in adavnce for any help.

--=20
Guillermo Moreno-Soc=EDas